Jewsbychoice.org is a trans-denominational, grassroots, peer-run online resource and community run by and intended for Jews by Choice (converts) and people who are undergoing or are planning to undergo conversion to Judaism. Our community’s principal goal is to provide a forum for Jews by Choice (and prospective Jews by Choice) of all denominations to share experiences and insights, ask questions, and support one another through the challenges and rewards of the conversion process and life as a Jew. We invite you to join us in creating opportunities for exploring, discussing, and engaging with Jewish identity, tradition, culture, and observance.
Our core mission activities include:
Technology: Harnessing the Internet and Web 2.0 technologies in order to facilitate greater Jewish literacy and engagement, and to provide Jews by Choice with improved online opportunities for social networking, community building, and learning.
Discussion: Providing a forum for dialogue and discussion where Jews by Choice from across the denominational spectrum can (respectfully) discuss and exchange ideas with one another on a variety of Jewish topics.
Engagement: Creating opportunities for Jews by Choice to deepen their understanding, connection, and commitment to Jewish religion, culture, and community.
Advocacy: Empowering Jews by Choice to better identify and address issues which act as barriers to their integration into Jewish life and community.
- To create an online space where participants can discuss a variety of subjects related to Jewish tradition, including halacha, the mitzvot, and/or other forms of ritual observance.
- To provide a venue where individuals can explore Judaism as an “evolving religious civilization”; one with its own unique culture, history, law, language, literature, music, poetry, art, politics, folkways, ethics, spiritual ideals, and aesthetic values.
- To act as an advocacy and peer support resource for other Jews by Choice.
- To provide educational and networking opportunities for the purpose of assisting Jews by Choice to better integrate into Jewish life and community.
- To engage in advocacy and public awareness projects on a variety of issues of importance to Jews by Choice in order to generate greater awareness of these issues within the broader Jewish community.
- Lastly, to act as a clearing house for relevant news, articles, audio and video, as well as a variety of other online and real world resources and information.